SOUTHERN COAST OF HISPANIOLA — CAPTAIN'S LOG #1

Sir Leopoldo M. de Mello — Captain of the HMS Endeavor [90-gun Ship of the Line — 2nd Rate] S510
14:00 — Engaging an enemy

After setting sail from La Navasse, east-sou-east towards the South of Hispaniola. The Marquiss came upon a 3rd rate ship of the line, the USS United States outside the coast of Sale-Trou and engaged in battle.

Upon bearing the Marquiss cannons on that ship of the line and successfully sinking it through a fearsome and decisive battle for, approximately half and hour, we decided to approach and board to confiscate some of it's resources that was bound to Havana. We've gathered what we needed, supplies and refitting to repair our ship at sea, we discovered that, the USS United States was carrying some brand new and manufactored cannons, one of the best actually. I decided to then take those cannons with me and sail down to San Juan in an attempt to contact one of our trading ships anchored there.

After getting in contact with the Captain of the Indiaman, we weighed anchor and set sail back West, patrolling the coast as we make our way towards La Navasse.

15:46 — A danish Santa Cecilia refit ship was spotted outside Bani.

I set the Marquiss to hunt it down and engage in battle. She's too fast! — Trim the sails, I ordered my sailors, "We need to catch her!" — I said. We managed to do trim our sails as best as we could, till another British Captain, sailing a De Ruyter refit passed us and engaged her first. — Disappointing.

This would be the third time this week, whenever we come upon a rare prize, another Captain on a faster ship usually gets to it before we're able to. It becomes frustrating for a Captain after the third time, I'll say that much. The crew is losing morale, they're eager to get into battle and prove their worth to your Majesty's Navy, I'll have to do with standard prizes for now but I won't forget those encounters whatsoever.

19:00 — Setting sail back to Navasse

After sailing for a bit through the southern coast of Hispaniola and coming empty handed, that is, besides the Blomefields we captured from that USS United States, we set sail for La Navasse. — We made a quick stop at Santo Domingo port to resupply before travelling back to our home port.

Sailing through Jacmel, we came upon another British Captain by the name of Payne McCall, Captain of a 112-gun 1st rate refit of the HMS Victory fought in the Battle of Trafalgar. We salute him as we pass by. With the wind now in our favor, navigating becomes easier by the minute, between shallow waters and small pieces of islands thrown at random throughout the coast, we're finally approaching the end of the coast before altering our course west by sou-west.

21:00 — We engaged a Wasa outside a French port